Sunday, October 21, 2007

Isaac's Escapades




So it's been a while since I've dedicated a post to updating friends and family about Isaac's latest changes...so here it goes:

A couple of weeks ago Isaac started taking a few tentative steps. He would never take more than 1-2 before getting back down and crawling. It didn't matter how much encouragement we gave. Then all of a sudden about a week ago he started taking 6 steps at a time and the next day he was walking across the room. Now we can't stop him...although it's almost impossible to catch on camera, because the second I whip out the camera he's on the ground crawling towards me as fast as he can to get it. I wish I could put the video up because Brian and I think it's the cutest think in the world, but alas it wouldn't load. Anyway, just imagine a very small old man walking.
Secondly, Isaac loves to put things inside other things. In the picture he is putting one cup inside the other one. You never know what will turn up in your shoes or in random other hiding places these days. One day it took us quite a while to find the remote that he had tried to put down the hole in his little basketball hoop.
Isaac loves to push buttons. He pushes the buttons on the TV, the remotes, the camera, toys, the button on the wipes box and just about any other button he can find.
Lastly, he is now figuring out the fine art of getting off and going down. He turns around and crawls backwards until he gets off the bed, couch, etc. The only problem occurs when he tries to get off something that is too tall for him to get safely off of...like the side of the couch. He has also figured out he can go down the stairs if he turns around. I'm not quite ready to let him do it by himself, but I figure if he's going to go up, I should also let him learn how to get down. When we were at the Reniassance Faire the other day, we were sitting on a hill which Isaac decided he wanted to go down. He turned around and started crawling backwards down it, just like the stairs. It was really cute. You can see it in the picture even though it doesn't do it justice.

1 comment:

Krystin Coburn said...

I can't believe how big Isaac is getting! It is so fast! I hope you are feeling well.