Friday, October 5, 2007

Big Healthy Boy!




Isaac had his one year well check up this week and he is a healthy 22 lb. boy. He also got lot of vaccinations including chicken pox, Hep A, MMR, and a TB test. I always have a hard time with the shots. Speaking of the MMR though, my OB just informed me that the rubella part of my vaccination had worn off. I guess rubella is very bad for fetuses and I'm to stay away from any kids with spots and of course suppose to get another MMR after the baby is born....do other people have this happen?


Isaac also got his hair cut in preparation for his one year pictures. We've been a little slow about getting them done, so hopefully it will work out sometime this coming week. I think he looks as cute as a button.

4 comments:

Tamar and Trevor said...

The MMR thing happens a ton. I use to give a least one of those shots a week while I was working. It is really normal. The vaccine is just not good for the baby so that is why they give it right after delivery because there is not a huge chance that you will be getting pregnant again in the next month!!!

Lynnette said...

He looks so handsome with that new haircut!

Teri said...

Very handsome...of course! Taybree just had her 18 month check up and weighed 24.8! Isaac's catching up!

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I had to get a rubella vaccine after I delivered Logan because mine wasn't effective anymore either. Wierd, huh? I also was strep B + with Logan, so I had lots of fun in the hospital with him!