Monday, June 9, 2008
Moral Delimma
This morning the kids and I made a trip to Walmart to pick up of few things we needed for the apartment, one of which was nails to hang up pictures. We made it through the store and check out pretty well, though Isaac was starting to get antsy. We ran through the pouring rain out to the car and I quickly got Isaac and Nathan buckled in and was throwing our purchases in as well, when I realized our picture nails had been hidden under Nathan's carseat in the cart and not been paid for. What should I do? I really wanted to stick them in our van and just drive home. I could come back later when it wasn't raining and explain what had happened and pay for them right? After a couple of seconds of contemplation though and a guilty conscience I unpacked the kids, ran through the rain, and stood in the checkout line again to pay for my nails. You will better believe I will now always look thoroughly to make sure we've paid for everything before leaving the store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This has happened to me before and I know exactly how you feel..but you know if you drive off you are going to feel the worst guilt in your life so you might as well just get back into that store and pay for the item! Morals...sometimes not so convenient right! :-)
Way to go Sarah. I think I'd have thought twice about unloading my kids in the rain. Way to stick to your morals.
Post a Comment