Monday, March 3, 2008

Camping Out?


Bright and early Sat. morning Brian and my Dad drove away in the Penske with all our stuff going to Houston. Brian was pretty excited about the fact that the truck had only 30 miles on the odometer and a CD player until their first gas stop when he realized they were only getting 6 miles to the gallon. Luckily it come up to 10 later in the trip when the roads leveled out. Still not a great time to drive cross country in a truck with gas prices high.
Isaac and I have been "camping out" in our house. With all our stuff gone except for what we plan to sell/get rid of when we leave for good the house felt very empty. So of course, I had to go on a craigslisting free spree. I got a twin bed for me to sleep on and a futon to sit on in the living room. I also borrowed a card table from a friend so we would have somewhere to eat! Isaac is sleeping in a borrowed crib and I brought up a little desk from the basement so our TV wasn't on the floor anymore where Isaac could attack it. I guess at this point it's not so much like camping out anymore. We did bring up the camp chairs to sit on as well though!

3 comments:

Holly Sanders said...

so you guys are headed to Houston? Is that where Brian got a job? Time is ticking and it's crazy to think that your time in Philly is up isn't it?

Kristin said...

I can't get over how resourceful you are! I need to get some tips from you on how to do craigslist! :)

Unknown said...

I can't believe how amazing I think you are for camping out like that. At least we can all count down the days.