Friday night, Amy Ritter and I headed over to Barnes and Noble to pick up the 7th and final Harry Potter book that was being sold starting at midnight. We didn't get there until about 11:15pm, but the parking lot and store was already packed. We recieived our wrist bands with numbers 155 and 156 in the unreserved category. We chatted while we waited guessing there was probably about 300 people there. At midnight, the countdown began, cheers rang out, and the books started being sold. They called 50 people at a time and it seemed to be moving fairly quickly. They passed 300, 400, 500, 600, and finally 700 people who had reserved copies had gotten their books. By this point we were getting tired and hanging out on the chairs in the children's section, while we waited for them to start with the people buying unreserved copies. And then it happened, our numbers were called and we got our books at 1:30am. I'm sure by then, my brother and sister in the next time zone over, which had reserved copies, probably had gotten theirs as well. These last couple days have been spent reading. I will not reveal any of the book, because I know many are still reading, but I will say it was quite the adventure!
Monday, July 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow! I've never read any of the Harry Potter books, but I heard someone leaked out the ending, and a whole bunch of people were pretty upset about it--it was on the news and everything. I'd be interested to know if the ending they leaked out was really and truely the correct ending.
I'm trying to plow my way through before I overhear something... so thanks for not spoiling!
Post a Comment