Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Atlantic City Fun





This last friday, Brian had the day off so we headed down to Atlantic City. We hit the outlets where we got some great deals on some shoes and then walked along the board walk. We checked out the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum which is there and learned where the phrase "saved by the bell comes from" ...not the popular TV show like I thought. It seems that long ago sick people (probably in a coma) were often burried before they were actually dead. Because of this they started putting bells on top of coffins with a wire attached inside that the person could pull if they woke up and found themselves inside. Pretty crazy huh! I sure am glad I live in the 21st century! We thought about going to the beach afterwards, but the heat made us decide to head for home instead.

2 comments:

Roj said...

Um, hello! Atlantic City - put some money down!

Brian & Sarah said...

No, thanks. No stupid tax for me.